Vacancy Notice – Offensive Security Engineer
Reporting to the Chief Information Security Officer, the Offensive Security Engineer will be responsible for conducting internal and external penetration tests, reporting and documenting findings, and to make remediation recommendations and ensure that the recommended remediations are implemented appropriately and in a timely manner. The main responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting configuration and vulnerability assessments of information systems using commercial and open source assessment tools.
- Documenting and analysing configurations and rule-sets.
- Speaking at client and industry events.
- Engaging in security research to remain current on vulnerabilities and testing tools.
- Professionally documenting and explaining findings, clearly communicating vulnerabilities, mitigation strategies, and remediation steps.
- Following up on remedial actions recommended on vulnerability assessments and penetration tests
- Providing support to other internal company departments and functions.
Knowledge, Skills And Attributes Required:
- Should be 30 years of age and below
- In-depth knowledge and skill of penetration testing and exploitation principles, tools and techniques
- Knowledge of system and application security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Knowledge of hardware and software reverse engineering concepts.
- Exceptional skill in developing and using scripting languages.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy Management & Local Security Policies, operating systems, routing, web technologies and protocols, firewall configuration, programming and scripting languages, SQL databases, and OWASP.
- Very good interpersonal relation skills
- Ability to accomplish complex tasks in complex environments
- Eager to learn and continuously develop personal and technical capabilities.
- B.Sc (Honours) Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Cyber Security, Computer Engineering
- Post graduate qualification in cyber security an added advantage
- Any two of the following penetration testing certifications: OSCP, eLearnSecurity Certified Professional Penetration Tester, GIAC GPEN, CEH (Practical)
The position offers benefits that may include the opportunity to travel abroad on assignments, and an attractive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Our aim is to achieve diversity in the workplace. As such, interested applicants of all genders, races, ethnicity and skin colour are encouraged to apply. Candidates should send their applications, accompanied with detailed CV, proof of qualifications and experience to:
The Finance And Administration Manager
P.O Box CY614, Causeway
Or send an email to [email protected] not later than 20 November 2019. The email subject heading should clearly indicate the position applied for.
Only Shortlisted applicants will be responded to.